Adding 4 hens + 1 roo to 12 hens + 2 roos?

bops

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 3, 2013
Ireland
Backstory:
Hey, i bought four hens for my friend, and one rooster. She wanted to get into it, but wouldnt know what to buy herself. She has them about two months now. And with family issues she now won't have time to care for them, she may even have to move away. She has asked her neighbour to look after them for a while. She asked me could i take them from her and i said i would! I have no problem with setting up a new run if i need to, she is also giving me their coop. But its a beautiful Marans Rooster i would like to breed off.

But im not sure they will get on with my current flock of 12 hens and two roosters. The last time i got a rooster i needed to buy 2 new hens, so he would stop riding one of my old hens too much, pardon my french!
I am worried of this happening again, do you think its possible? Im not sure, because this time the roo already has hens to "keep him quiet".
And would the three fight? They have plenty of space to roam, but bumping into each other is inevitable! The marans is six months. My two are a miniature six month sussex, and a silkie who no longer services the hens - he's gone too old. The sussex and him have never fought, but im afraid of what a third guy may do. Thanks for any help! Wow this is long haha

Back
Top Bottom