adding a fan to a hovabator

syble

Songster
9 Years
Jan 10, 2011
michigan
I have 2 hovabators, one is the regular one with 2 small windows, and the other is the large picture window. I've always done fairly well hatching my own eggs in them, i find the picture window one hard to control at times though. The hatch is never as even or as complete as the other one. I'm considering adding a fan kit to it to see if that will fix it. Has anyone else had any experience with this? I'm planning on buying some hatching eggs (which will be shipped so i'll loose 50% right there)so it's more important then ever to get a good hatch from what makes it.
Thanks
sib Wink

by adding a fan to my hovabator it evened out the temp, no more spikes!!! It also increased my hatch greatly!! I would never set eggs without a fan!!! never

Just added a fan to my 1602N 10 year old square Hovabator. Bought it from Incubator Warehouse, and was easy to install.

I hatched turtle eggs in this incubator for a few years, and it was fine, but from what I've read a fan is better for chicken eggs. I'll be trying in another month once the weather warms some here.

so i did research about adding a fan, and my boyfriend understands the technicals of it. hes got a computer fan and charger/adaptor for it. just needs to find a place in the bator for it. it cant really go in the center because of the thermostat and wafer, so wheres the best place?
Sib

I added one to my 1602 which will be used for lockdown and hatching...... have a 1588 for the main incubation, pre-set temp, humidity is good so I am happy... worth the extra expense.

Back
Top Bottom