Adding a Rooster

lmnewman

Hatching
5 Years
Mar 5, 2014
I often frequent the BYC page on a regular.... daily basis to be more precise, however this is my first thread.

I am starting this thread to pick the brains of BYCER'S that have knowledge on adding a Roo to a flock of hens.

My current situation is this,

This is my first year raising chickens and i love it, probably not nearly as much as my four your old daughter. We love the daily repeats of "The egg song" about as much as we enjoy our half a dozen eggs we receive daily.
I have taken the ideas and designs of 5 different coops from this site and built my own version, no pictures yet but they will be up soon. I purchased 6 pullets from the local tractor supply to get me started, we want more next year!! Just from looking at my hens I think I have at least four Rhode Island reds, and the other two are red sex links i think, I'm not an expert but that's what they look like to me and they are just about six months old. I was offered a free tame and friendly Plymouth Rock Rooster about 10 weeks old, no history of pecking yet, and their young children handle him regularly.

What do i need to know? Any and all information is appreciated

Thank you all

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
That is a good article I had to read it twice to convince myself it could be done haha

Back
Top Bottom