Adding an egg turner after incubation starts?

Quail_Antwerp

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs
11 Years
Aug 16, 2008
Ohio
My husband wants me to invest in an egg turner for my 'bators (I had to pick myself up off the floor, because he suggested I spend MORE money!
ep.gif
) and I have already started with my incubation. He wants me to pick up an egg turner tomorrow. I am only a couple days in, so if I add an egg turner now, will I mess up my hatch?

I have more eggs coming this week and he thinks it will be best for me to have them in a turner, incase we have to leave for a day or something?

If you are only a few days in , it shouldn't hurt. Try to warm the egg cups up some before you put the eggs in. and do it as quickly as possible. Next time don't set your eggs days apart. The first ones will hatch and possibly get hurt in the turner. With them be more than a week apart, you will need to leave the turner on. Once the chicks get dry, get them into a brooder.

Quote:
I have a second incubator to use as a hatcher. I will be removing eggs from the turner when they reach day 18 and putting them in egg cartons in the still air 'bator for hatching.

Thank you
big_smile.png

Would be fine, but remember if still air incubator. Place in a turner they will be higher , and be hotter need to check temp. top of eggs.

Last edited:
With my first hatch, I got the turner about 10 days into incubating, and I had 12 out of 13 hatch, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Quote:
I am using a forced air. I am also using a digital thermometer/hydrometer to read temps and humidity.

I broke a part on one of my turners once and had eggs I needed to start. When I got the turner going I put the eggs into it after they been laying on their sides for the first several days. Didn't seem to have an adverse effect on them.

Back
Top Bottom