Adding ventilation to shed

Because it's got a shingle roof I'd consider turbine vent on top (because they pull air without any electricity), metal gable vents on both sides, a few windows and maybe even windows in the doors (save cut out wood from windows to make baffles to install during winter when it's snowing)
A turbine vent! That’s a great idea. Thank you! And yes, after more looking around I was definitely thinking of adding windows to the doors.

Gambrel roofs are tough to ventilate,
They are not so hard as you might think. We generally add a ridge vent to homes and sheds. They can be premade/store bought or you can build them. This person has some good depictions on how to do it. I can provide links to videos of the doing it. It does take effort to plan and implement but nothing I would consider tough.

You can always add a coupla. Also not hard to make and install.

Coupla Stock Photos - Free & Royalty-Free Stock Photos from Dreamstime
Bent Coupla Photograph by Bonfire Photography - Fine Art America

Pretty much impossible, unless you do this:
View attachment 3595964
All things considered the ridge vent is the best easiest to install. Even tho I like and recommend to add gable vents, you have to consider the framing and maybe having to add framing in the right place. Especially since there tends to be studs in the center. Adding windows would be almost the same but are generally easier.

A turbine vent! That’s a great idea.
Adding vents in the roof field, is a venture that takes a lot of considerations. If not done right they will leak and cause trouble later. Generally clunky and expensive. Will need caulking or tar. Not to mention they make noise. If you are lucking they will only make a low humming noise. If you are not you may end up with an intermittent squeaking or loud constant grinding.

Back
Top Bottom