Adopt a pekin after a loss

mickilees

In the Brooder
Mar 1, 2017
I have two 8 week old Pekin Drake's and unfortunately with unbelievable sadness lost one last night. I know it's crule to have just one but I'm not sure what to do. Do I adopt another 8 week old and if so does anyone know where I can find one? Or do I bring home a duckling and raise it in the house until it can be outside and put them together. I'm so incredibly sad about this...I want to do what's best for Jax

I'm sorry for your loss :(

That's what I would recommend. I know for my state of Michigan we have a rehoming page on Facebook for ducks and a poultry page. I'd check there first and see if there is something for where you're at.

It made be hard to find one that exact age but people do give them away as adolescents but mainly they are ducklings or adult.

If you dont mind what happened to the other one?

You need to reinforce your pen before you put anyone back in there or Build a secure duck building for at night and only use the pen during daytime/ or supervised
No offense but I'm quite upset and I've already said he will be coming in at night. It would be beyond ridiculous to not see that the pen needs to be changed. Of course the raccoon is coming back tonight and I absolutely have no intention of my baby being outside. This was not a flimsy pen...it amazes me this happened not to mention I have water on three sides of my property as we are built out lake front. He went through Alot of trouble to get into my yard. And no..my ducks are not free range on the lake..they have a large pen area with a pool.

Opie and Jax...we lost Opie

Attachments

• IMG_20170606_200707395_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
    IMG_20170606_200707395_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom