adopted a new puppy have questions

therealsilkiechick

ShowGirl Queen
12 Years
Jul 18, 2007
Northwestern, pa
we adopted a new puppy today his name is duke. he is the most loveable and adorable baby boy ever and we r head over heals and in love with him.
big_smile.png
i'll post pics below sorry they r not great pics i had to use my cell phone and lighten them cause my digital cam cards won't read for some reason now.

anyway someone had an ad for him for free said he was 16 weeks old and was 1/2 benji dog and half pug. we went to go look at him we were planning on getting the kid's a new dog for christmas since our pug died from siezures(sp) 2 days before last christmas, truely the worst nighmare before christmas especially with 6 kid's. i had hoped to get a small girl of some sort but i didn't want to leave him in the house he was in. it was more of a rescue type thing and we loved him soon as we saw him , i just had to bring him home. we have been heart broken since we lost our misty so he is our early christmas presant this year. he is a wonderful little boy and i think he needed us as much as we needed him to love so we feel very blessed to add him as a new family member.

so my question is one what would be a good name for him we'd like to change it since he doesn't seem to know it really and is young enough and we don't like it,lol. his mother looked terrier to me and they didn't know father she was pregnant when they got her. what else does he look like he has in him? i'm thinking he looks more shetzu than pug not really sure he does look kinda like a silkieze/benji type dog but i thing that is due to his mom. he does some remind me of a pug too. i think mom was a welsh or border terrier by looking up pics i did see her. he is buff w/ black guard hairs and a long curled up tail. what age do u think he is? i think he is more like 3mths the guy really didn't know anything about him.

thanks for any help!!
silkie

0927091651.jpg

0927091653a.jpg

0927091651c.jpg

0927091651a.jpg

Aww, he looks sweet! Kudos to you for saving him. How about:

Benny
Beanie
Bandit
Banjo
Rascal
Remy
Monty
Midge
Basil (short 'a' sound)
Jasper
Jingle (Christmas name)

wow ya all were busy while i was gone. we still can't decide on a name yet. he is doing great and spoiled already. the kid's love him and couldn't wait to love him up after school today.

today he fineally noticed my min pin and played with her yesterday he was scared to death of her to funny. it was so sweet watching the 2 of them playing together.
smile.png
my pin has been heartbroken since the pug died and she was so happy today with the new pup it was just beautiful to see her smile and act like a pup again. course i got stampeaded through it all and my hair chewed and my ears chewed but the good part is i got lots of kisses from them,lol. he loves my cat but she doesn't want nothing to do with him,lol funny thing is the pug and here could never be seperated they were like sisters.

after looking at alot of his features although he doesn't look pug i do see alot of pug features in him, i saw his mom and i know she had terrier of some sort in her other than that we r not sure what his mix is. we r excited to watch him grow up. i'll try to get better pics of him to share as he grows soon as i get my ports fixed so my cam cards work again.
thanks everyone for your help.
silkie

Aw ~ He is adorable!

He reminds me some of my first dog - a true pound puppy with a heart of gold. He was "Biscuit" at first... but "Petey" stuck for good. I loved that dog like no one's business. There's a place in heaven for little dogs who heal children's hearts.

Back
Top Bottom