Adoption-a year on

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Poupoulles, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Poupoulles

Poupoulles Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Mayberry (really!)
    Well, we have officially been waiting a year for this second adoption. What is funny is how fast time has been flying. We are expanding things here on the farm! Our daughter (adopted as a newborn in '09) is thriving and glorious. We have an open adoption with her first family and want the same for number two.
    If you get the chance you can see lots of cute pictures on our facebook page (including pics of the chickens!) Its been a tremendous farm year and we are really enjoying ourselves. Our official profile page is www.iheartadoption.org/users/thadandanna

If you know someone facing an unplanned pregnancy who might consider open adoption, please share our info. (You can see that DD is biracial and we are hoping to adopt across race lines again.) Thanks!

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Have you tried any adoption agencies? I know..silly question..but was wondering in case you haven't.
    Good luck!!

3. Poupoulles

Poupoulles Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Mayberry (really!)
    Yes! We are with a great agency that we love. We adopted DD through them (they are called the Independent Adoption Center) in six weeks- which was nuts but we expected a longer wait this time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by