Adult Call Duck flipping over

torbaynewfs

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 30, 2010
Owego, NY
I have a white Call drake, last year hatch, that I found stuck in the mud on his back the other day. I figured he somehow rolled down the little hill and landed there and with his wings stubby from molting and the suction of the mud, he couldn't get up. Then today I was doing some work in the duck yard and he was running over a large stone and flipped onto his back. He was able to get himself righted, but this is twice with the same duck. I have seen ducklings do this, but have other seen adults do this, or should I be concerned about this guy?

Thanks!!!!!
smile.png

This has been happening to my drake waldo ever since he had his accident. He was paralyzed for 2 weeks and would roll onto his back easily. He made a somewhat full recovery,but still is wobbly and falls onto his back. He perhaps could have injured himself and his legs did not heal 100%. Ducks legs are not efficient to begin with and are fragile. Animals in general are resilient and can heal themselves but when it comes to ducky legs it never gets back to normal. I should think he'll be okay though.

Maybe something neurological going on, why not get him some niacin "plain" I know he's not a duckling but he could still be deficient in the B's sure wouldn't hurt to try them and see if it will help.

Back
Top Bottom