Adult ducks suddenly unable to walk, one dead

Love the pic!! And great news too. I think your right they may have gotten into something dead who knows. But so happy for you that they are doing so much better.

Well, I think this is going to be the last update on this topic! I let Coconut and Gertrude back out with the flock today. They were doing great yesterday but I wanted to keep them corralled for one more day just to be sure. They were eager to be back with everyone else and seem to be having no trouble whatsoever. I think in the end, the probiotics in the water really helped to speed up the recovery, since I noticed a big difference after adding that in. I wish little Sylvia hadn't been taken by whatever this was, but I don't think there was anything I would have been able to do with how quickly it took her. Now that i've been through this i'll know what to watch for, and how to treat it, should it happen again. But hopefully it wont. Only one loss from health issues in 5 years is probably pretty good odds.

Thanks so much for your help and support on this, @Miss Lydia and @casportpony It really helps to have someone to hold your hand through something like this and make sure you're doing the right things.

I am just relieved it’s over and they recovered. And very sorry you lost little Sylvia. Thank you for taking us through this with you it always helps if someone else has this problem to be able to go back to a thread for info and encouragement. Hope you’ll stick around and share some pics and let us meet the gang!!

I am just relieved it’s over and they recovered. And very sorry you lost little Sylvia. Thank you for taking us through this with you it always helps if someone else has this problem to be able to go back to a thread for info and encouragement. Hope you’ll stick around and share some pics and let us meet the gang!!
I will try - i'm terrible with anything social media related. :) Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom