Adult Female Button Quail Nose Issue

clownpooles

In the Brooder
Aug 29, 2021
So I have a rescue button quail (long story) that I've been caring for for almost a year and a half now (wow time flies). I have her in a big cage outside that I clean weekly, she eats, drinks and runs around totally normally, has all of her feathers, her eyes look good, etc, but only 1 nostril has something weird on it. It seems to only be a "visual" thing, as she hasn't been acting different and it hasn't affected any other part of her body, but it almost looks like a scab or a booger or something. I've tried to gently wipe it with a warm washcloth and it doesn't do anything. Would it be dangerous for me to try giving her a nasal irrigation with a syringe? Any tips? What's going on here? Anyone ever heard of anything like this?

So I have a rescue button quail (long story) that I've been caring for for almost a year and a half now (wow time flies). I have her in a big cage outside that I clean weekly, she eats, drinks and runs around totally normally, has all of her feathers, her eyes look good, etc, but only 1 nostril has something weird on it. It seems to only be a "visual" thing, as she hasn't been acting different and it hasn't affected any other part of her body, but it almost looks like a scab or a booger or something. I've tried to gently wipe it with a warm washcloth and it doesn't do anything. Would it be dangerous for me to try giving her a nasal irrigation with a syringe? Any tips? What's going on here? Anyone ever heard of anything like this?
Photos please?

Back
Top Bottom