Adventures In Chicken Clicker Training

It has been a while, and I realized I haven't updated this for quite a bit. l haven't been able to do that much clicker training lately due to lack of time, &c, but I am hoping to get back to it soon, perhaps this week. The CA White is quite good at following and pecking a target on the ground. Does anyone have recommendations for what I could build onto that skill?
As a side note, my chickens now follow me around everywhere because they expect me to train them and give them treats!

Any updates on this? I'm looking to start clicker training my chickens, too, but can't find any active threads on the subject...
Since we got a puppy, I haven't been working on training with the chickens, so unfortunately I do not have any updates. I would love to get back into it at some point soon, though, and see if my chickens remember what I taught them. And you're right, active threads on this subject seem to be very few and far between.

In the meantime, are you familiar with the book "Click with Your Chick," by Giene Keyes? It is subtitled "A Complete Chicken Training Course Using the Clicker," and is a really great resource for clicker training chickens.

Since we got a puppy, I haven't been working on training with the chickens, so unfortunately I do not have any updates. I would love to get back into it at some point soon, though, and see if my chickens remember what I taught them. And you're right, active threads on this subject seem to be very few and far between.

In the meantime, are you familiar with the book "Click with Your Chick," by Giene Keyes? It is subtitled "A Complete Chicken Training Course Using the Clicker," and is a really great resource for clicker training chickens.
Thanks for the book recommendation! I'll check it out. I've read about clicker training dogs, but not chickens specifically, other than some stuff online and some youtube videos. I want to train my chickens just for fun, but also I have one specific thing in mind that I want to teach them - I want to teach them to pose for the camera, because otherwise they are always moving :lol: Someday I want to submit something for the BYC calendar, or just to have nice quality portrait shots of my chickens, so I need them to be able to sit still and cooperate.

Thanks for the book recommendation! I'll check it out. I've read about clicker training dogs, but not chickens specifically, other than some stuff online and some youtube videos. I want to train my chickens just for fun, but also I have one specific thing in mind that I want to teach them - I want to teach them to pose for the camera, because otherwise they are always moving :lol: Someday I want to submit something for the BYC calendar, or just to have nice quality portrait shots of my chickens, so I need them to be able to sit still and cooperate.
That's a very good idea; I never thought of teaching a chicken to stay still for a photograph. :)

Back
Top Bottom