Advice for hatching/selling for Easter Hatch

I have done the same when I have set eggs and expect to have extra chicks. You post a nice ad on craigslist with some photos of your flock, state when they’re due to hatch and then have people give their contact info if they are interested to be contacted when the chicks hatch. 😊
Just be wary whenever using craigslist as there are a lot of crazies out there.

I heard mixed breeds dont sell aswell as pure breds but no idea if thats true I plan on hatching for EHA and gonna be selling them aswell what someone else does with them after easter is their problem worst comes to it they resell them to someone else imma be selling ducklings aswell. Imma be charging $5 each for mine and $6 for ducklings
What breeds are you selling?

I can't imagine why barnyard mix mutts could possibly sell as well as purebreeds. A barnyard mix is like a "pig in a poke". You don't know what you'll end up with. When one buys a Leghorn, Wyandotte, Plymouth Rock or even a silkie, you pretty much know what you're getting. And also, many people have a hankering for a specific breed.
With a mutt, you are simply getting an egg layer and there is no way to know what kind of egg layer it will be.

I can't imagine why barnyard mix mutts could possibly sell as well as purebreeds. A barnyard mix is like a "pig in a poke". You don't know what you'll end up with. When one buys a Leghorn, Wyandotte, Plymouth Rock or even a silkie, you pretty much know what you're getting. And also, many people have a hankering for a specific breed.
With a mutt, you are simply getting an egg layer and there is no way to know what kind of egg layer it will be.
I think most people (myself included) get them for their looks or to just add to a flock for population.

Same reasons that people get mutt dogs and cats and horses

Back
Top Bottom