Advice for purchasing incubator.

msgoldielocks

Hatching
7 Years
Nov 21, 2012
Hi! I've been reading lots here, but I don't think I've ever posted. We've had chickens for about 2 years now and are ready for our flock to grow. We've got a rooster but our hens don't seem to stay broody long enough. We've only had about 6 chicks hatch last year.
Anyway...

Is there a good incubator, preferably less than $200 that anyone can recommend?

I would recommend a Brinsea Octagon 20

I have 3 of them and a Mini

Brinsea is the leaders in Incubator Market

they use a PIC Microcontroller Chip to store the program

where as all other incubators are just standard controllers or no controller at all

We got a 1588 genesis for our first incubator. It's styrofoam, holds 42 eggs with the auto turner or 50 if you want to turn by hand, has digital display that tells what the temp is set at, what the temp is and what the humidity is. You can also get a 12 volt battery hookup in case of power failure. It's been really stable so far. We're on our second hatch. I shopped around online for the best price, then called Incubator Warehouse and they matched the price plus they also have a $10 or free egg candler (rubber coated LED flashlight) coupon on their facebook page. I think the price was right at $200 with the turner, battery clips, and candler. We're happy with it so far.

You're going to have a lot more chickens! Incubating is too much fun!

Brinsea seems to be the 'top-notch' incubator, however, you won't find one under $200 lol

I recommend the Hovabator Genesis 1588 like the person above. I found mine for $146 including shipping on the GQF website. (The makers of the HovaBator www.gqfmfg.com) That's the cheapest of everywhere I have looked. That does not include a turner though. I had a turner from a Little Giant and it fits in there with no problems.

Back
Top Bottom