Advice for Turkey Incubation Welcome!

Watersfamilyflock

In the Brooder
Aug 26, 2020
Hi there! I’m an experienced chick incubator using Nurture Right 360 forced air and internal auto humidity functions. My hatch rate for my backyard chicks has gotten nearly perfect over last two years. I am about to incubate four newly laid blue slate Turkey eggs. I’m writing in before to get tips because I just failed (I think) to hatch my first batch of Ancona duck eggs. :( Seems like I’m 0/4 with them even though they were developing well until around 21 days. I’m at 27 days in lockdown for a few and no movement yet at all for last few days. Anyway...planning to start with the turkeys in a new incubator here today or tomorrow. Any special tips that I wouldn’t be able to Google from all you experts? Thoughts on sanitizing eggs first? I didn’t do that with my duck eggs and am regretting it. Thank you!!
image.jpg

Last edited:
Are your thermometers calibrated?
Hi. Thanks for asking this question. I was dumbfounded. But I just pulled out the instruction sheet and it looks like my incubator has built in calibration to factory settings and recalibration not recommend for this machine. I have had only read very standard google instructions for duck and Turkey incubation so will take any tips I can get.

Back
Top Bottom