Advice needed for Raccoon problem

jojo@rolling acres farm :

I can't really tell how the wire is fastened to the frame on your cage...if there is a weak spot they'll find it.

I love the look of your cage and the floor looks like it would be easy to clean - a real bonus!!!

Your baby is just beautiful and looks very happy! You are very blessed...

Good luck - when do you add your chickens?

Joni

Thanks for the responses! That's my youngest granddaughter in the coop. It was her playpen (pre-chickens) when I worked in the garden. Just this week I started putting the chicks in it to enjoy some sunshine (almost 3 weeks old) and we're thinking about putting them out there full time asap. We placed a cardboard box with a light in it and my husband rigged a plastic cover for the outside. It only got down to 78 degrees in the box....sooooo maybe in the next couple of days if it ever warms up around here.

The wire is fastened with zip ties about every inch. I suppose if a raccoon starts coming around we'll have to reinforce it...maybe with wire? Perhaps if raccoons are quick learners we should beef it up before they arrive. But as I mentioned, we haven't had any in our yard for quite a few years.​

I hate raccoons. One year I trapped 22 of the little buggars. A live trap has worked well for me.
PA250123sm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom