KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
Copied from another of my posts: "For those who do not know, my parents are semi-living with my grandmother due to her memory issues and the fact that she can't live alone. Recently they've been having me come stay the night so that I can be with her during the day while my parents are at work. It's a few times each week. Thursday is the only weekday that my mom has off so she's there all day"
I stay there Sunday evening-Wednesday afternoon and Thursday evening-Friday afternoon.

Last night when I got home, my cat was all over me due to her separation anxiety. Please understand that I respect my parents' decision for me to keep my cat at home so please don't suggest that I take her with me, it will not only make her discontent but it will cause issues at my grandmother's house with her dogs.

I've left some of my clothes including my hoodie(that I wear too much) for Nyx to sleep on as they have my scent. She does not stay in my bedroom(her safe space) during the time I am away as nobody will feed her in there. She is out and being fed on the dinner table and using the litter box we have out there for the other cats in the house.

My younger brother, my older brother, and my older brother's girlfriend take care of the dogs and cats.

Advice is needed as to what else I may give Nyx or do for her to help.

You can try this- https://www.amazon.com/Puppy-Behavi...ords=cat+heartbeat+toy&qid=1616700575&sr=8-19
It makes a heartbeat, and heats up, maybe you can even get it to smell like you for when your away. There are also beds like that that do the same thing, except it lays flat for them to lay on top of.
Another suggestion could be catnip. Fill a few socks full of catnip, throw them out, sprits the room with catnip spray, that seems to calm cats in my opinion.

I hope you find a solution for you kitty! I'm sorry about your grandmas as well.

You could try a Feliway diffuser in the room she spends the most time in. I would add a litter box there also. Calming collars for cats is another product I would try. One that I have used really decreases stressed behaviors that one of my cats occasionally displays. If Nyx really likes spending time in that room why can’t someone in the home feed her there? Are they paying rent(should they be?) If they are old enough, there is no reason that responsibility can’t be shared.

Back
Top Bottom