Advice needed on weather to get golden pheasants

Thanks!!! @007Sean, so yellow is an autosomal recessive mutation then. That's what I was trying to figure out/ confirm!

Even doing a male only pen there is the possibility that they will fight. General rule of thumb is unless you're doing colony breeding of one specific species or the birds are quite young males can't be kept together without seriously injuring or killing each other. The yellow golden is just a color mutation of the red golden and isn't a hybrid. A friend of mine has some lineaged goldens and every now and then even his birds will pop out a yellow golden once in a while.

Even doing a male only pen there is the possibility that they will fight. General rule of thumb is unless you're doing colony breeding of one specific species or the birds are quite young males can't be kept together without seriously injuring or killing each other. The yellow golden is just a color mutation of the red golden and isn't a hybrid. A friend of mine has some lineaged goldens and every now and then even his birds will pop out a yellow golden once in a while.
Nothing to add, Midnightman14 has said it all.

Back
Top Bottom