Advice needed please

Sophies23

In the Brooder
Feb 7, 2021
Hello. So I am just wondering when do I need to spray/wet the eggs my incubator has a place to put water in the bottom but I'm not sure if I'm suppose to be doing more I am new to this and this is my 1st day of incubation. many thanks

yes ideally you should get a temperature and humidity sensor to monitor how full to keep the trays.
I can recommend a govee which can be bought on Amazon.

you should candle the eggs or weigh them to monitor their progress. You would need some jewelers scales or a torch. If candling the air cell at the large end of the egg should be marked on day 7 and 14. The air cell should roughly double in size in that time. If it stays too small then the egg is not losing enough moisture, if it gets too big the egg is losing too much moisture. Each incubator is built slightly different, each person incubates slightly differently, temperature needs to stay rock steady but humdity can be more variable and should be adjusted based on the eggs development. Most aim for 40-50% humidity for the first 18 days and then ramp it up to 65%+

Back
Top Bottom