Advice needed!

Header709

Hatching
May 26, 2021
My hen is gone broody for the first time, she collected 13 eggs staggering in time ( I was in the process of building another coop to get the others separated and she kept taking the other hens eggs ) Sunday she started hatching, she hatched 7 but one died sadly while pipping yesterday when she abandoned the rest of the eggs(already sitting for 23 days at this point), I noticed when I came home yesterday she was off the eggs and they were cold to the touch, I made a homemade incubator lastnight and they are now under the right temperature , two looked like they were staring to crack when I found them, is there still a chance they can hatch? They arnt due to hatch until Friday
I’m waiting to get a candler later this evening to see if I can see movement

My hen is gone broody for the first time, she collected 13 eggs staggering in time ( I was in the process of building another coop to get the others separated and she kept taking the other hens eggs ) Sunday she started hatching, she hatched 7 but one died sadly while pipping yesterday when she abandoned the rest of the eggs(already sitting for 23 days at this point), I noticed when I came home yesterday she was off the eggs and they were cold to the touch, I made a homemade incubator lastnight and they are now under the right temperature , two looked like they were staring to crack when I found them, is there still a chance they can hatch? They arnt due to hatch until Friday
I’m waiting to get a candler later this evening to see if I can see movement
There is definitely a chance. I would leave them and see what happens... you should lock them down 3 days before hatch.... set the temp around 98 and raise the humidity to about 60 / 65% (if you’re able to) and don’t touch or candle them during this time.

There is definitely a chance. I would leave them and see what happens... you should lock them down 3 days before hatch.... set the temp around 98 and raise the humidity to about 60 / 65% (if you’re able to) and don’t touch or candle them during this time.
Thank you so much I woke up today and can hear chirping from inside a few of the eggs

Back
Top Bottom