Advice on getting rid of flock? NE Florida

Linniex

Songster
6 Years
Jun 23, 2015
Hey everyone! My husband has been going crazy with his flock lately and now wants to sell most of them (about 80 birds). We live in Duval county, Florida (Jax).
he is saying he can sell them on Craigslist for $8-10 each. But it’s craiglist and I’ve never trusted it (i had issues early in with it). We have had a flock of chickens for 10 years, in the past we would take the older birds to a butcher , or the auction, but both are gone now.

any creative, humane thoughts in re-homing , or selling , or having these processed? I cannot find a processor, and if I did I wouldn’t be sure what to look for. We have between 60-80 birds, most about 2 + years old .

You might try getting in touch with the Agricultural Extension for your county. Ours has processing equipment we can rent, as well as info on reputable places to buy, sell or trade agricultural type things.

You might try getting in touch with the Agricultural Extension for your county. Ours has processing equipment we can rent, as well as info on reputable places to buy, sell or trade agricultural type things.
Great idea! Thanks! Our AG center is great!

Do you have a local co-op? Ours use to do weekend sales - people would bring different animals and/or produce to sell at a little farmers market. They also had a board where people could post items for sale. That may be worth looking in to?

Back
Top Bottom