Advice on manual egg turning support?

d_rooster

Songster
12 Years
Mar 19, 2007
North Augusta, SC
Since my auto egg turner broke, I've been trying to think of ways to make the manual turning process simpler and quicker for the eggs in my incubator. I was wondering if I could safely use the back of a styrofoam egg carton as a means of support for the eggs inside the incubator. Here's a photo of how it might work.

2070530596_7cf2fd0f65.jpg

I could then line all of the little eggs up and just flip them side to side or rotate them in place without having to actually roll the eggs on the wire rack support or pick them up and turn the over. I'm really looking for a way to keep the proper egg angle and make the process as quick as possible to reduce temp loss from the incubator. Do you think the styrofoam would interfere to much with air exchange around each egg or cause any other potential problems?

I could even trim down the egg carton to make the support shorter or trim away excess styrofoam so there is less there to block air flow. I'm using a Little Giant still air with a homemade circulating fan inside to make it a forced air incubator.

Poison Ivy,

Thanks for the photo of how you use the egg cartons for turning. That gives me some reassurance that I can use the egg cartons for support and turning without fear of ill effects on the incubation process.

Back
Top Bottom