Advice on moving ducks into the new coop!

So I have a question. Jack and Jill's been locked up in their new Coop and yard since Sunday. They are still not going in at night by their self I'm having to walk them in to the coop,and it is now Friday. how long before I let them out of the new coop and yard?

So I have a question. Jack and Jill's been locked up in their new Coop and yard since Sunday. They are still not going in at night by their self I'm having to walk them in to the coop,and it is now Friday. how long before I let them out of the new coop and yard?
Ducks generally won't put themselves to bed. Let them out with a supervised outing and herd back to the Run .

Maybe once your ducks get use to going in they will put themselves to bed. I herd for a week or so now my youngest at 7 weeks go in on their own. It takes time and patience.

Ducks generally won't put themselves to bed. Let them out with a supervised outing and herd back to the Run .

When they were in the old Coop they would go in at night by their selves...but I was staying here at the windows and they're having a fit they want out of that lot! I've been watching them. So I'm going to go let them out, I've already decided and let them out in minutes just soon as I get done eating my lunch. Worse comes to worst they'll just go back to the old coop and I'll move them then once I get settled. Thank you,

Last edited:
I did put some food in there with them some peas. I couldn't get them to eat watermelon yet. With the watermelon do you have to cut it up in small pieces? how do I get them to eat that?
I squish pieces of watermelon so they are somewhat flattened and stringy. Otherwise, it's too big for my duck to get it down.

Back
Top Bottom