Advice please - Putting eggs in incubator at hatch time

chicksurreal

Songster
6 Years
Dec 3, 2013
Arizona
My broody killed her first chick (pecked it to death) and left another one to die from chill.

I'm moving the remaining 5 eggs into a Little Giant 9200 styrofoam still air incubator that I borrowed from my SIL. She had no instruction manual with it and I don't know if it would have helped under these circumstances anyway.

One chick is pipping now and the other four are with no pips as of yet. Does anyone have advice on how to set this incubator up for these eggs? I'd appreciate any help.

My broody killed her first chick (pecked it to death) and left another one to die from chill.

I'm moving the remaining 5 eggs into a Little Giant 9200 styrofoam still air incubator that I borrowed from my SIL. She had no instruction manual with it and I don't know if it would have helped under these circumstances anyway.

One chick is pipping now and the other four are with no pips as of yet. Does anyone have advice on how to set this incubator up for these eggs? I'd appreciate any help.
Poor chicks. Ok, you need temp about 101 ish (101-102 is the recommended for still air. Many people drop a degree down at hatch. You want to have all your water wells filled. (I also have a couple wet sponges on top of my screen as well to keep my humidity up and for ease of boosting when I need to.) I aim for 75% at hatch.

Is there any specific questions that you need answered?

I don't know how to tell what the humidity level is, but I do have the water wells filled up and I'll put some wet sponges on the screen. Thank you very much for your help!

I don't know how to tell what the humidity level is, but I do have the water wells filled up and I'll put some wet sponges on the screen. Thank you very much for your help!
Good luck. Since you don't have a hygrometer, just note that if you start seeing condensation on the windows you can cut the humidity back, as condensation is too high. You're welcome.

Back
Top Bottom