ADVICE!?

my4birds

In the Brooder
Mar 27, 2015
Hi everyone! My duck(s) have just started laying eggs and I'm so curious to which one it was!! I have two females that are the same age and they do not sit on their eggs so I have no clue which one laid it. Any suggestions on how to figure out which one it was?

Hi everyone! My duck(s) have just started laying eggs and I'm so curious to which one it was!! I have two females that are the same age and they do not sit on their eggs so I have no clue which one laid it. Any suggestions on how to figure out which one it was?

I eventually caught one of mine in the act, so I knew what her eggs looked like. My two ducks that are laying have eggs that look VERY different in shape and size. Now I can just grab one and I know who it came from.

I believe a few people have put food coloring on the vent to see who laid what. You may want to search that though on exactly how it was done. I'm not sure how I'm going to know who laid what in the next weeks, so I guess I should be looking that up too :)

I believe a few people have put food coloring on the vent to see who laid what. You may want to search that though on exactly how it was done. I'm not sure how I'm going to know who laid what in the next weeks, so I guess I should be looking that up too
smile.png

That's an interesting idea, I'll have to look that up once my little ones start laying.

Back
Top Bottom