Affects of Whitening Toothpaste

SarahFair

Songster
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
Monroe, Ga
I think I am starting to feel the long term affects from whitening toothpaste. My teeth have been really sensitive lately.

Anyone else notice anything from whitening toothpaste?

my teeth cleaning lady told me that some of the tarter control and whitening toothpastes and mouthwashes will contribute to the sensitivety. I like the Crest sensitive toothpaste.

My dentist said to use the whitening kits, not the toothpaste, as my teeth are too sensitive as it is. She has me using the toothpastes for sensitive teeth. I haven't used a kit yet. One thing on the long list of I oughta do soon...
big_smile.png
Especially with all the coffee I do these days.

I use a toothpaste from Melaleuca, and its really good. A friend of mine told me she uses toothpaste from her local health food store and it actually helped enamel grow back on her daughter's tooth that the dentist was going to do massive work on. When they went to get the second check-up for it, he said, "oh, this isn't nearly as bad as i thought it was, it won't be that big of a job after all". And, she swears it was using that toothpaste that made the big difference. I think there is a warning on some of those whitening kits that if you have teeth that are not "sound", don't use it, as it will affect the enamel and cause you problems. I haven't done this yet, but the old way of whitening teeth is to take a capful of peroxide while you are showering or bathing and squish it around in your mouth and then rinse real well.

Back
Top Bottom