afraid to candle for loss of heat :p(

I'm addicted to candling (see my thread about it
lol.png
)

I usually just hold a LED light to the eggs while turning, the only ones I pick up are the 2 really dark ones and the green one, they are really hard to see into. The others I can see pretty easily just by touching the light to the top.

My temp usually comes back up in about 10 minutes. I add water when turning too, but I always add hot water so it doesn't suck heat.

Michelle

Quote:
Ahh, I'm not the only one. I thought I would get a no no no from everyone! I simply cant help it. They survived it this long with my candling impulses.
lol.png
Plus Im hatching duck eggs so there is a 15 min cool down period they can have daily. I dont do the entire 15 mins but 5-10 mins wont hurt.

fight the addiction:he fight the addiction
he.gif
I'm getting weaker
hit.gif
melting melting
wee.gif
what was this all about again??
ya.gif

Last edited:
Im still fighting it!! I have 33 dark brown eggs and 4 green ones light green ones-Im dying to look
th.gif
I can feel myslef getting weaker
barnie.gif
--im not going to do it until the 7th day though-I just keep thinking not to leave bad ones in that will ruin the rest of my batch! But then again if I candle and think I see ones that are no good and pull them only to find out they were good--Ill lose it--
he.gif

wait until the seventh day to candle.

Its really up to you if you want to candle. Like me, I would like to know how they are developing along on the 7th to 10th day and again on the 14th to 18th day so I will know which ones will make it that far without exploding or wasting eggs just "sitting there doing nothing" while I have eggs wanting to be incubated.

Just be gentle with them ok? You will be fine. I am sure there are hundreds more people that has already successfully candle their eggs and nothing really bad happened.

your original post was that you were having temperature problems. now you are all excited about candling..

did you ever get the temp figured out??

if you are more concerned about candling than stabilizing your temps. you are cruising toward a disapointing hatch rate.. I will sit back and wait for the post in a couple of weeks asking what went wrong?? so few eggs hatched??

Back
Top Bottom