after butchering, what about the leftovers

Bury or put in a sac in the garbage.

When I was a kid we burned the leftovers in a barrel. Unless you are way out in the sticks you can't do that.

A lot of people with dogs would love the necks, the feet, and the gizzards/livers. I would guess burying the rest of the leavings, or burning it, would work if there was no way to put it in with the rest of your garbage pick up (I imagine some areas don't allow it?).

I agree with using it for dog food if possible. Some people who are into "raw feeding" their dogs put ads on Craigslist asking for stuff like this and many other raw animal parts. You could put an ad there and probably find someone who would like to come pick it up.

Some people bury it. I throw the remains such as feather, heads and
guts in regular garbage bags and throw away. Just keep it in a tight
garbage can so the coons can't get it.

Most people who raw feed dogs feed necks, backs, wings. I have purchased necks, backs, and turkey wings from a local poultry meat farm. I have never read about people feeding dogs chicken feet - it may be OK, but depending on who you get with dogs, they might not want the feet.

Just think about it awhile and come up with some really useful purpose for them. I use mine for fish bait, crab trap bait, I save the livers and gizzards and hearts for cooking, things like that.

AL

Some folks bury them in their gardens and let the worms compost them. If you have an orchard this would be the thing, bury them at the foot of your trees. Waste not , want not!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom