After much research....

Thank you. After talking with a few people here in Alaska it was suggested by everyone to insulate the floor. I had a lot of material left over from a renovation last year so I put it to good use. Hopefully I can get the walls insulated and OSB up inside this weekend as well as complete the roof; that is the goal anyway!

After taking a little time off from the construction we got moving again on it this past weekend. Some of the things left to do: Put metal roof on, put window in, trim work, install gate on the run, put a lid on the nesting boxes and connect the electrical outlets. Hopefully it will be completed by the end of this coming weekend!!!

56382_fence_going_up.jpg

56382_coop_12_jul_2.jpg

56382_view_from_front_door_12_jul.jpg

56382_nesting_boxes_12_jul.jpg

The girls are doing great in their coop and run. Starting to get cold here, was 33 this morning! I have an electrician coming Monday to connect everything for me and then we are just about done. Finishing touches will have to come in the spring. I picked up the chicks on April 18th, a week old and now I am getting 5 to 8 eggs a day. Thanks to all for your help.

56382_1.jpg

56382_2.jpg

56382_3.jpg

56382_4.jpg

56382_5.jpg

56382_6.jpg

56382_7.jpg

56382_8.jpg

Gorgeous! Really like the purple trim. Can't believe it's 33 with all that green. Midnight here and 81F. We didn't have much spring this yr & looks like not much fall. Anyway also like the way u did the run & covered it
clap.gif

We had a very rainy and cool summer. It has been in the low 50s during the day and the leaves are dropping fast; we don't have much of a fall here.

Back
Top Bottom