After much research....

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Rick-AK, Jun 7, 2010.

1. CityChook

CityChook Songster

Apr 9, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    My Coop
    Rick - looking great! You'll be glad for the extra square footage once the snow starts flying...

2. Rick-AK

Rick-AK In the Brooder

May 4, 2010
    Palmer, Alaska
    Thank you. After talking with a few people here in Alaska it was suggested by everyone to insulate the floor. I had a lot of material left over from a renovation last year so I put it to good use. Hopefully I can get the walls insulated and OSB up inside this weekend as well as complete the roof; that is the goal anyway!

3. Rick-AK

Rick-AK In the Brooder

May 4, 2010
    Palmer, Alaska
    After taking a little time off from the construction we got moving again on it this past weekend. Some of the things left to do: Put metal roof on, put window in, trim work, install gate on the run, put a lid on the nesting boxes and connect the electrical outlets. Hopefully it will be completed by the end of this coming weekend!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Looking great! [​IMG]

5. Wow, I've lived in houses that aren't this nice. Great job!

6. Rick-AK

Rick-AK In the Brooder

May 4, 2010
    Palmer, Alaska
    The girls are doing great in their coop and run. Starting to get cold here, was 33 this morning! I have an electrician coming Monday to connect everything for me and then we are just about done. Finishing touches will have to come in the spring. I picked up the chicks on April 18th, a week old and now I am getting 5 to 8 eggs a day. Thanks to all for your help.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Wow, it turned out beautiful! I'll bet your girls are happy as can be. Great idea insulating the floor!

8. BWKatz

BWKatz Songster

May 22, 2010
    Columbia,SC
    Gorgeous! Really like the purple trim. Can't believe it's 33 with all that green. Midnight here and 81F. We didn't have much spring this yr & looks like not much fall. Anyway also like the way u did the run & covered it [​IMG]

9. Rick-AK

Rick-AK In the Brooder

May 4, 2010
    Palmer, Alaska
    We had a very rainy and cool summer. It has been in the low 50s during the day and the leaves are dropping fast; we don't have much of a fall here.

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    what a beautiful place to live or in chicken talk " Bawk bawk bawk bawk buck" think I spelled that right.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: