ag biology science fair project donations please help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickenboy1993, Mar 26, 2009.

1. chickenboy1993

chickenboy1993 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    dayton, Virginia
    me and my partener are doing a science fair project on the effects of a nutrient supplement on baby chicks and we were wondering if some people out here would donate some eggs to our project we need at least 10 eggs for the most accurate results we would prefer pure breeds because mutts would grow different according to the birds growth patterns if anyone can help please let me know before april the 15

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  2. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    i`ve got bantam purebreeds if you`re interested

3. chickenboy1993

chickenboy1993 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    dayton, Virginia
    we have actually decided to buy live chicks instead of hatching them ourselves

4. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Um are you planning on testing on these chicks in a harmful way or something? such as feeding a group of chicks a bad diet to see if they die or something like that?? If so, I highly recommend that you DON'T do this. Testing on animals is a horrible thing and it should NOT be done; no matter how much some people think that animals are just "things" that have no feelings. [​IMG] Please, reconsider doing a different science project rather than one that involves harming animals.
    thanks!

5. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Quote:[​IMG] I second that. [​IMG]

6. S&N Livestock

S&N Livestock Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    southern ohio
    what if its on like a 15% feed to a 22% or other feeding methods i could see several ways to do this that would not be harmful to the chicks. good luck

7. wingnut1

wingnut1 Crazy Bird Lady

I think the OP mentioned examining the effect of a nutrient supplement - I took that as meaning that all chicks would be fed, and 1/2 would be given the same feed AND an additional nutrient supplement of some sort. I think a good experimental design would mandate that they all live, and a comparison of growth rates following a specified period of being fed with or without the supplement.

Are my assumptions correct chickenboy1993? [​IMG] Perhaps it would be helpful to responders if you would detail your experimental design a bit more, and even better, if you detailed your plan for placing the chickens once you are done with the fair?

That said, alas, I have all pullets and therefore no fertilized eggs.

Best wishes with your ag project!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by