age of ducks....still deciding.....

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Chicken7777, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Chicken7777

Chicken7777 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    North Jersey
    hello everyone i am still deciding on what i should do; either on getting some pekin ducks(they are a pair that were born on june 18th)or on just getting some ducklings.....i would like to get/keep the mature ducks since i would want some ducklings/eggs in the very near future.....when do pekins start laying fertile eggs or eggs in general?......well i would appreciate the help.....if anyone might know someone in the orlando, fl area that might have some ducklings(kaki ducklings too.....in what colors do they come in? i have heard of blue and white...would appreciate pictures of each kind) please let me know....thanks

2. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

Our ducks and geese are 7 months old and are laying like champs. I think they would have started sooner but we were showing them in July and August and October and I think that stresses them out some and makes them quit laying like they should.

By the way, of all of those eggs the ducks and geese have laid since day one, not one was clear. We have 24 eggs in the bator and 12 are white chinese/pilgrim goose crosses and 12 are pekin duck eggs, growing nicely. So I guess their eggs are quite fertile. They have been fertile since they started laying.

If I had a chance to get some adults, I would nab them quickly. You can always order some more babies in the spring. OR HATCH your own from your adults!!!!

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Get the pair , they were born on my DD's birthday.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by