age old thread

eggbeforchicken

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 4, 2014
Romney Marsh England
here cockerel or pullet these are 25 weeks old they are from the same batch of eggs I hatched in the incubator
no eggs or crow yet , the cones was the same size about 4 weeks go and now only started to grow
they are in the run with my other three hens all seem to act the same no ruling the hens chase the to light sussex away from food some times
the others hens are 1 rhode rock 1 skyline 1 beech wood blue here have a look and please let me know what you think

HI thank you I hope your not right :) as to the Columbian Rock as bought them as light sussex maybe you or some one can tell me what the different is
between the Columbian Rock and the Light Sussex but I have never heard of any Columbian Rock in the UK but I maybe wrong
thanks take care

HI thank you I hope your not right :) as to the Columbian Rock as bought them as light sussex maybe you or some one can tell me what the different is
between the Columbian Rock and the Light Sussex but I have never heard of any Columbian Rock in the UK but I maybe wrong
thanks take care

Actually they are Light Sussex hens. I only took a quick glance at them and didn't notice that the legs were pinkish. Columbian Rocks and Light Sussex are identical in color pattern, but the Columbian Rocks have yellow legs. Columbian Rocks are the more common of the two breeds here in the US. Sorry if I made your heart skip a beat. But what I said before still hold true (with the breed alteration), you have two beautiful Light Sussex pullets. :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom