age???

Dixiedoodle

Songster
12 Years
Apr 14, 2007
I hope this is the correct place for this question...

Eleven weeks ago, today. I went to a breeder's house and purchased true Ameraucana standard chicks. They were fully feathered and had NO downy fluff.. Breeder stated they were a week old on the phone but then he said they were about 3- 4 weeks old when I picked them up.. It didn't matter to me but now I am wondering if they are roos or pullets and now it seems age is more important than figured..

It is very plain to tell a few of the boys...Their combs have been red and much larger that the others for a few weeks now!

So, how old do you THINK my birds are ...they are still small compared to big ole' RIR, BO and BR and not as tall as my 16week old Marans.....
Any help is greatly appreciated... Dixie

Need pics
big_smile.png

I have taken at least 100 pictures but none are good. Gonna need some help to hold them but as soon as I do I will post them.

I have the opposite problem, because I am wanting to buy hens about 1 year old. The seller says they are that old, but how do you know they are old chickens that have quit laying. If any of you know of another post to answer this question, please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom