Aggresive to new chicken..Need advice please!!!

carol0710

Chirping
12 Years
May 9, 2008
Toano,Va
I have 5 hens..2 americaana"s..1 RIR, 1 buff orph. 1 silkie hen. all are one yr old
I recently puchased a leg horn approx 17 weeks old. I have been trying to introduce her to the flock.
First in a run right beside them, then I put the bufff orph in with her..That went very well.
I then let the rest of the flock meet her..it went fine for a while but then all of a sudden the 2 Americaans attcked her and the buff orphn joined in...She ran for her life.
This continued so I interferred and seperated her...She has been right beside them for two weeks, but everytime I put them together the attck her and now the rooster is too....They corner her and beat her up!!
Will they ever get past this.. I cant stand to see them gang up on her.
They also do the same to my silkie hen..the silkie is currently sitting on two eggs so I have her in a crate by herself seperated from the rest of the flock...
Carol

I sympathize with you. I have 2 brahmas that are 8 weeks old and I had them out with my other 5 hens to free range a little while. To my surprise my sweet Auracuna attacked both of them. She pulled some feathers out of each one! I don't like seeing this and they will be going out to live with the older hens soon. My Auracuna gets attacked by my RIR and my BR. They taught her how to be mean and she's taking it out on my brahma's. I wish there was something to stop this.

Back
Top Bottom