Aggressive HEN turkey?

kiebug12

Hatching
Dec 19, 2022
My 2 y/o ish (she was second hand) is starting to get aggressive with my goose. It started very abruptly. Nothing has changed routine wise, super friendly to us humans. They were best of friends until basically last night. They toddled everywhere together and the turkey took over raising the goose after it could go out. Any ideas?

My 2 y/o ish (she was second hand) is starting to get aggressive with my goose. It started very abruptly. Nothing has changed routine wise, super friendly to us humans. They were best of friends until basically last night. They toddled everywhere together and the turkey took over raising the goose after it could go out. Any ideas?
This is normal. It is also why it isn't a good idea to raise singles of either of these species. Your turkey hen's hormones are flowing causing the aggressive behavior.

Turkeys need turkeys as companions just as much as geese need geese as companions.

This is normal. It is also why it isn't a good idea to raise singles of either of these species. Your turkey hen's hormones are flowing causing the aggressive behavior.

Turkeys need turkeys as companions just as much as geese need geese as companions.
Thank you, it is never my intention on raising singles I work at a small pet clinic and I get hand-me-downs, so it's never my intention on singles.

Back
Top Bottom