Aggressive Male Duck

AAcres

Songster
Apr 18, 2019
Northern Ontario Canada
My khaki drake likes to pick out one of the girls in the flock and just harass the heck out of her. He currently has one of ducks (which is his sibling so they have been together since birth) and always chases her and tries to mate, Pulls her feathers out just for fun it seems, and nudges her away from everyone else at times.
So she’s being a little stand offish with everyone and cautious about where she chooses to go. She also just looks stressed out.
There are 3 other ducks in the flock he could divide his time among but he doesn’t. My ducks are also free range.
Should I separate this poor duck for awhile? Or just let birds be birds?

Like Miss Lydia said! My drake has five girls to pick from including one who follows him around like a groupie. Still, he acts like an idiot and picks on the two who like him the least. He has been in drake jail since March and will probably be in there until July or August when his hormones lesson. (He does get some supervised conjugal visits with the girls who like him 😉).
IMG_6142.jpg

Separate your drake for a while give him some time out and your female time to get over the harassing before he makes her sick. Many on here have drake jail when their drakes are obnoxious.
Would putting him in jail make him sick?
my ducks free range around an acre space so I’m sure the rest of the flock will leave him and be out of sight.

What would be better him harassing your duck until he makes her sick or him being upset because he can’t get to her. Give him forage time with out all of them being together. This can be a serious situation and why put your girl through this. There is always rehoming her if you’d feel better about that.

What would be better him harassing your duck until he makes her sick or him being upset because he can’t get to her. Give him forage time with out all of them being together. This can be a serious situation and why put your girl through this. There is always rehoming her if you’d feel better about that.
No no, I care about them all equally. I just didn’t know if him being alone was going to upset him enough to get sick himself. That’s all.
With that said he is by himself and he’s fine.
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom