Aggressive Pullet?

I recently bought an Orpington hen that barged into my peaceful flock like Godzilla ransacking Tokyo. I tried to pet her in the coop and she bit my thumb. She had my whole thumb! I drew back and tried again but was quicker than she was that time. But when she moved to strike again, I bopped her. Wash, rinse, repeat. She's now nice and docile with me and hasn't made a move to bite again.

I recently bought an Orpington hen that barged into my peaceful flock like Godzilla ransacking Tokyo. I tried to pet her in the coop and she bit my thumb. She had my whole thumb! I drew back and tried again but was quicker than she was that time. But when she moved to strike again, I bopped her. Wash, rinse, repeat. She's now nice and docile with me and hasn't made a move to bite again.
Love the analogy! I’m gonna keep trying! Thank you for sharing

I have a Cemani pullet that is 20 wks old, and my husband called her as a cockerel from super early on, because she would always rush and peck him. She does the same to me, but as soon as a pick her up and hold her, she’s perfect. She will attack her sisters if I pick them up, it’s like she’s jealous.

They were just added to my older flock. She got checked immediately 🤣

I have a Cemani pullet that is 20 wks old, and my husband called her as a cockerel from super early on, because she would always rush and peck him. She does the same to me, but as soon as a pick her up and hold her, she’s perfect. She will attack her sisters if I pick them up, it’s like she’s jealous.

They were just added to my older flock. She got checked immediately 🤣
Makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom