Aggressive rooster

Burns ducks and chickens

In the Brooder
Jan 10, 2021
I have 11 hens and one rooster. The rooster is very aggressive and I raised him from a chick. I was wondering if there is something I can do to calm him, I have three brothers under the age of five and am worried about him with them. They are free range so I know that space is not a problem. We have thought about hatching another rooster and raising it up to replace this one. Are all roosters aggressive or could I hatch a nice one?

I have 11 hens and one rooster. The rooster is very aggressive and I raised him from a chick. I was wondering if there is something I can do to calm him, I have three brothers under the age of five and am worried about him with them. They are free range so I know that space is not a problem. We have thought about hatching another rooster and raising it up to replace this one. Are all roosters aggressive or could I hatch a nice one?
All roosters are not human aggressive.
If small children are involved, he's got to go or be penned up so he can't hurt anyone.
Instead of hatching, I would look for a rooster at least 1.5 years old that was raised in a multigenerational flock and has proven himself to be good with the ladies and nonaggressive.

Sorry you gotta get rid of him. If you re-home him be honest with the new owners as to why you are re-homing him. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom