Aggressive Rooster

elite8

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 16, 2010
40/42 North Carolina
Hi,
I have some 18 wk old chickens of various breeds including two roosters. One of the roosters is dominant over the other and now is trying to be dominant over me...bad move. He originally started behaving like this a few weeks ago when he chased a friend in an aggressive manner. I did not see it. Yesterday when I went out and let the birds out of the coop he was acting different. I could see it in his eyes. He started walking towards me, looked at me and jumped towards me grabbing my hand with his beak. I pushed him backwards and then he got up and did it again! I am glad he does not have full grown spurs yet. This time he walked away. This morning the same thing happened again. Enough is enough and he will be gone soon. I don't want him anywhere near children and that it would not be good to give him away unless he would be put down by them. He would probably not be very tender at this point and the best thing that I can think of is with 4 shot. Painless, quick and clean. Opinions? Thank you very much in advance

Aggresive Rooters can be delicious if you soak them in buttermilk in the fridge for a couple of days and then slowly crock pot them with Potatoes, carrots and onions.

i had the same problem with my rooster. he's no longer with us. now i have a cornish roo that's trying to be aggressive.....its not working but he's trying

don't waist time with a mean roo...there's just too many nice ones out there!
wink.png
I vote...soup, crockpot dinner, or your local craigs list. I had a mean little bugger that I tried diligently to reform for over a year....finally after he pinned my 5yr. old son in the corner of the barn and would not stop attacking him....even when my 5yr. old was kicking at him as hard as he could!!! I stepped in to help my son and the dag little demon thing started flying into me non-stop! Then my sweet dog stepped in to rescue both of us and he really tried to hurt my dog! She was able to take him down long enough for us to get away from him....but that was "Mr. Fluff's" (the rooster) last day at our house....posted him FREE on CL with my phone# and a man called within the hour and came and took him! I forwarned the guy but he was a farmer and needed roos around to eat ticks & bugs. Good luck. Keri

Back
Top Bottom