Aghhh. If I could only sell this place and move!

Rhett&SarahsMom

Songster
11 Years
May 8, 2008
This house has been on the market for over a year now.

http://www.unitedcountry.com/search...&Page=7&Office=45007&No=45007-43390&AU=N&FT=P

There is just something about it that I LOVE
love.gif

I wish things in this country were different.

Quote:
There is a house at the end of my street that the two previous owners did a TON of work to. There is a copper back splash. Ornate wood work. All period. Cute cute cute.
Well. The last owners bought it at a ridiculous price. Over 300k for a 3 bedroom 1 bath colonial. In a city/area that has NO large business and was in poor shape. Its not an easy commute to Boston or even Worcester from here. The market went NUTS here in 2001.
We got "in" the end of 2000 and I swear we got the last of the best buys and real deals in the area. 3 bedroom 1 bath for just under 90k. Our mortgage is less than most peoples rent.

Anyway. They put it on the market in April 2007 for 325k it sat. They lowered it to 300k. it sat. They changed realtors. Lowered the price to 290k. It sat. They finally gave up and rented it to people that they obviously never met. Because the renters have already trashed the outside of the house. I can only imagine what the inside now looks like.
roll.png
They are going to have to sink even more money into it when/if the market turns and they try and sell it again. I am just going to turn my porch into a veggie and herb garden this fall. And with any luck the economy will turn enough that I can get my job back soon.. so I can fence my backyard and not worry so much about my chickens.

I am house hunting right now. I found a place I liked and inquired about it on Monday.

Unfortunately, it's zoned R-2, which here is medium density residential which means no chickens.

Get this... Across the road, it's R-1 and agricultural. Their neighbors across the street have chickens legally.

Oh well, I've got a year to look before the $8,000 tax credit for new homebuyers disappears.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom