Aging chicks

Kayley3069

Chirping
Apr 28, 2017
I was curious to find out if there is a way to age chicks. I picked some up from a local farm store and I'm not sure of their age. I myself have had them about a week, but I do not how long they were sitting at the store. I have 4 barred rocks and 2 austrolops.

I would also like to know when it is exceptable to put them in the coop and try to introduce them to the flock?
IMG_1525.JPG
IMG_1526.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1604.JPG
    IMG_1604.JPG
    694.5 KB · Views: 11
They look about 2 weeks old. Very cute :love
As for when to put them in the coop, it really depends. Some people put them in as young as 4-6 weeks, others wait until they are almost ready to lay. Just be sure when you introduce them, to do it slowly, and provide the younger ones places to hide from the older girls.

They look about 2 weeks old. Very cute :love
As for when to put them in the coop, it really depends. Some people put them in as young as 4-6 weeks, others wait until they are almost ready to lay. Just be sure when you introduce them, to do it slowly, and provide the younger ones places to hide from the older girls.

Thank you, I didn't figure they were very old, not too many feathers yet, just fluff. We have a soerate room in our coop if need and we use large pin for introduction, so hopefully all goes well when they get bigger.

Back
Top Bottom