Ah Spring and the smell of madness in the air...

A.T. Hagan

Don't Panic
12 Years
Aug 13, 2007
North/Central Florida
So Spring is trying to bust out all over. It's beginning to affect even those still snow bound.

Which leads to the critical question:

How many of you have recently come home with chicks that you had not planned on coming home with?!

Now don't try to deny it or rationalize it away. We ALL know you do it!
lol.png

So how many and what breeds/varieties did you bring home?

You DO have a brooder set up already, right?
tongue.png

Okay, I'll go first. I have two orders coming through the mail. The first one arrives tomorrow. Yesterday, I just "happened" to call my local feed store to ask when they would be receiving their chicks, and found out that they had just arrived 5 minutes before I called. It was a sign. So . . . went in and came home with 2 BO, 2 Americaunas, and 1 RIR.

After 19 years? I'm immune, unless it's a specific breed I'm interested in. No chicks for me this year.

I'm pretty much immune to all advertising anyway. I don't buy into the "sucker syndrome".
big_smile.png

um i did it. My friend Thomas had pullets... i was at his house for a 4h meet.... he asked if i wanted some baby chicks.... so i have three, bringing the flock total to 17. I was weak, those things were SO cute!

Well, I didn't last year and I just about went stir crazy! So, this year I planned for it...
wink.png
Not nearly as fun as not planning, but what the heck! I am ordering fuzzies to be here on May 6/7...

Although, I had my eyes on a few Quail and I DIDN'T plan on those... It isn' tdefinite yet but I'm hoping that I can convince Dad!
roll.png
lol.png

ya.gif
well...like mychookschick I planned on fuzzies orered from cackle due to arrive mar. 16 or 17 ....but this saturday I plan to go to an auction/market where they are always selling lots of animals including ducks! my one huge weakness....I plan on 4...yeah I'll come home with 12...
big_smile.png

I haven't bought any chicks, but my incubator is LOADED with Call duck eggs right now that I just HAD to buy because my girls hadn't started laying yet.

Well,...ordered a small order of 25 chicks from hatchery due to arrive in 2 weeks,.....then I set 38 eggs in the incubator due to hatch at the same time my hatchery chicks are coming,....then I accidentally purchased 12 EE babies at TSC.
big_smile.png

Not me! I just was at TSC and came home empty handed. Of course they had no breeds that interested me.
hide.gif
If EE bantams had been there, who knows what might have happened?
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom