ahem.. Hello from Oklahoma!

Adorkable

Songster
9 Years
Sep 23, 2010
Hi, I've been reading this forum for months and finally decided to register
tongue.png

I have learned so much from everyone on here from building a coop, to brooding day old chicks, to introducing new pullets to my existing flock of juvenile girls and Mister Hanky (my cockerel). There so much useful information on here and I find myself coming back each and every day to read more and more so I thought it would be best if I just registered so that I can participate
smile.png

I'm originally from NYC but I now live in the country about a mile from a small town that has a population of about 3,000 ppl (i think). How I got here is a long story! Anyhow I've really been interested in sustainable living after having my first garden last year. This year I expanded the garden and grew a lot more food (organically) then last year and preserved a lot of stuff for the fall/winter. So then I had a crazy idea a few months ago that I really really REALLY wanted to have chickens for eggs and maybe meat and for the poo (for my compost of course)... so my hubby went to a livestock auction and came home with 15 straight run "RIR" chicks because he knew I really loved that particular Heritage breed but I'm pretty sure that they are production reds because they aren't quite that beautiful dark mahogany color (they're still beautiful nonetheless). So now we have 4 pullets 1 cockerel (4 months and 18 weeks), a freezer full of meat and a brooder in my home with some 4 week old peeps
cool.png
2 adorable Buff Orpingtons, a gorgeous Black Australorp and what was supposed to be a Barred Plymouth Rock that turned out to be what I believe is either a Dominique or a BR/Dom cross because it seems to have a rose comb! Anyhow I LOVE my babies and I'm totally hooked on chickens!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom