ahhhh! first hatch happening now!

StarStruck203

In the Brooder
9 Years
Nov 27, 2010
omg, i dont know exactly what to expect.

if one chick hatches and moves another egg that has already pipped, whats the outcome? is the other pipped egg going to die?
sad.png
i would feel horrible!

also, how long till i can take them all out, iv heard 48 hours is fine? is this true?

Congrats on the first baby!! I am on day 20 too and sitting on my hands when not typing, I can't count the times I've looked through the window...they were rolling last night, but nothing today..fingers crossed...
big_smile.png

Last edited:
oh the excitement of my first hatch. i stayed up for hours on end to watch my first one hatch. and the next few. have some pheasants and guineas and a turkey due june 9-11 and my broody's should hatch the 2nd. its exciting everytime. congrats
smile.png
jumpy.gif

Ooooo, congrats on the new chick:) Any pics?? I can't wait for my first pip! Already day 22 and nothing yet here, but I am expecting a late hatch due to some temp issues early on.

wow! 10 hours is a crazy Long time! mine was pipped and zipped in about 2 hours and hatched after another 30-45 i think.
smile.png

iLL get some pictUrs Up tonight. they are adorabLe LittLe things. aLL of mine in the incUbator were farmyard mixes. bUt they are aLL stiLL adorabLE!

and sorry aboUt aLL the capitaL L's and U's. something on my keyboard here at schooL wont work UnLess i hit the shift key and capitaLize it. siLLy compUters
he.gif

anywho thoUgh, i have 3 hatched and 2 to go. they were set a day Later anyways, so they shoUd hatch today. i saw a pip in both this morning! so i hope i come home to 2 more bitties
big_smile.png

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
:)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom