Ahhhhhh!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by PhoenixFeatherFarms, May 13, 2010.

1. PhoenixFeatherFarms

PhoenixFeatherFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Mooresville, IN
    POWER IS OUT.. AHHHHHH! I have over 100 eggs in the big bator and 3 bators on lock down.. AHHH.. Come on power come back on come back on!!!

2. silkiechick05

silkiechick05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2009
    North Texas
    OH gosh!

[​IMG]

3. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    Can you put a towel on top to help hold in the heat?

4. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Oh no, best of luck! [​IMG] I really hope it doesn't kill your eggs! I had an egg that was out in the cold for more than twelve hours, and he's a big, healthy duckling now, so there's still hope!

5. nittanyxi

nittanyxi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Hopefully it wont hurt that much. I talked to someone that had there power go out for 2 days. they covered the incubator with down pillows and a comforter and some of the eggs still hatched. With so many eggs in your incubator the heat from the eggs themselves should help. Just cover it with something warm. hope you hear some peeping soon.

6. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Wondering if it came back on yet...

7. PhoenixFeatherFarms

Apr 11, 2010
    Mooresville, IN
    nope.. [​IMG] 2+hrs.... [​IMG]:hit:hit

8. PhoenixFeatherFarms

Apr 11, 2010
    Mooresville, IN
    still no power.. Found some hand warmers and threw one each in my LG bators and 5 in my sportsman.. There all under [email protected] so I'm hoping it works.

I did call the power company and asked for an update and they said a racoon got into a sub station and fried itself which is why the whole area is without power.. Ugg in the 6yrs I have lived here we have never had power go out even when neighbors had but noooo as soon as I get incubators and start hatching out chicks a frickin racoon gets dumb and fries itself in a sub station.. Errr

9. nittanyxi

nittanyxi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    wow, racoons really are craftly little predators. At least this one won't be trying to break into your coop.

10. PhoenixFeatherFarms

Apr 11, 2010
    Mooresville, IN
    Well power is back on.. lets hope going down to 78 didnt hurt anyone... [​IMG]

Anyone ever had this happen? what was your out come with it being around 3hrs and the lowest was 78?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by