Air bubble seems to be in the wrong place--can you help?

Hootrvil

In the Brooder
Mar 7, 2024
Hello! I candled my eggs last night (8th day) and it looks like the majority of these eggs have their air pocket/bubble beneath the developing embryo. Some of these eggs were from my daughter's hens and I also purchased a set from a local so they weren't shipped. The eggs are in the incubator pointy side down. From what I've read the air pocket should be at the top of the egg.
A lot of these eggs are very dark and I can't really see veins but do see a mass for lack of a better word. Attached is a pic of one of the lighter colored eggs showing what I'm seeing as far as the air pocket. Suggestions please? Thank you!

Attachments

• 20240318_193324.jpg
    20240318_193324.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 33
Hello! I candled my eggs last night (8th day) and it looks like the majority of these eggs have their air pocket/bubble beneath the developing embryo. Some of these eggs were from my daughter's hens and I also purchased a set from a local so they weren't shipped. The eggs are in the incubator pointy side down. From what I've read the air pocket should be at the top of the egg.
A lot of these eggs are very dark and I can't really see veins but do see a mass for lack of a better word. Attached is a pic of one of the lighter colored eggs showing what I'm seeing as far as the air pocket. Suggestions please? Thank you!
unfortunately, this cannot be fixed. If I were you, I would read the article on assisted hatch, and the article on malposition. sometimes they can get out on their own, my last hatch I had one who got out, and one who needed help.

Can you take another candling picture while shining the light on the other side of the egg?
Very fresh eggs have very small air cells this early on.

This egg looks perfectly fine. The bottom area you are seeing lit up in this picture will fill up as the chick grows. It is NOT the aircell.

This egg looks perfectly fine. The bottom area you are seeing lit up in this picture will fill up as the chick grows. It is NOT the aircell

Can you take another candling picture while shining the light on the other side of the egg?
Very fresh eggs have very small air cells this early on.
These were very fresh...I so hope you're right! I will take another pic tonight. Thanks for the encouragement!

Back
Top Bottom