Air cell Q

Acre4Me

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Nov 12, 2017
Western Ohio
Day 20.

At Day 10 and 18 I marked air cells. Some changed more than others, but none really had a distinct dipped/lopsided appearance as some diagrams show. Now, day 20 I opened incubator to add water and check the air cells. Some distinctly changed over the past couple of days and do have the lopsided appearance, but others don’t. Is that something to be concerned about? what about the few eggs that have increasingly grown dark (due to development) but the Air cell has changed little from day 10?

Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe the air cells size is dependent on humidity. I think the more humid the larger the air cell..? Sorry if this just causes confusion, hopefully the experts will find this thread.

I was wrong, sorry about that. The higher the humidity the less the air cell will grow, because it’s not loosing moisture. The lower the humidity, the larger the air cell will grow, because it is basically drying out.

Ok. Thanks.
My concern is that my RH was lower up to Day 18. I added water to the channels AND added stable glass jars with sponges for even more humidity at that time. Since Day 18 the air cells have gotten larger in the eggs with higher humidity.

Upping humidity is proving challenging. All water wells full. 4 extra containers with sponges and water, yet humidity is around 53%, and incubator meter indicates 48%. Room humidity is around 52% or 60% depending on the meter.

Back
Top Bottom