Air Cell

Hbalangue

Chirping
Dec 12, 2020
Porterville, Ca
First time incubating eggs. I put these eggs in on November 29, so today would be day 15. The air cells look a little under developed to me, I had been running pretty high humidity at 72% and I let it run out. The incubator has no water in it at this point but it is still running a humidity of 30%. Should I let it run at 30% for a day to see how the air cells change or do the air cells look and I should add water in?

Attachments

• 307DF656-6438-4162-8B28-F797D3CCA99D.jpeg
    307DF656-6438-4162-8B28-F797D3CCA99D.jpeg
    242 KB · Views: 9
Today is day 16. They are due to hatch on Sunday the 20th.
The air cells won't change noticeably in a day.
72% is way too high to run during incubation.
The air cells don't look bad but I'd leave it dry till Friday. Then you can up the humidity for the hatching.
Are the embryos developing?

Today is day 16. They are due to hatch on Sunday the 20th.
The air cells won't change noticeably in a day.
72% is way too high to run during incubation.
The air cells don't look bad but I'd leave it dry till Friday. Then you can up the humidity for the hatching.
Are the embryos developing?

Thank you! The embryos look great and are measuring really good. When I say 72% I only put a capful of water from a water bottle in the bottom of the incubator so I was quite confused on how such little water could be so humid, I got a really cheap hygrometer from Amazon and just stuck it inside. Thank you for all your advice!

OK. So thermometers and hygrometers are notorious for being inaccurate. Even not so cheap ones. They both need to be calibrated because it is rare to have an accurate one.

7 out of 9 hatched and one of 7 actually died a few days later. So I ended up with 6! I got a new incubator that does the humidity for me now so I am hoping for a good hatch with no problems!
I would still have another hygrometer and thermometer inside that are calibrated.. I normally have two or three different ones to make sure all is well while incubating

Back
Top Bottom