Air Quality impact?

I brought my chickens indoors when I started to lose view of the neighbors' houses due to the smoke. I know that's not an option for everyone and it's certainly chaos for me and I got worried with how thick it was. I'm running air purifiers indoors so my indoor conditions are much better than outdoors.

The chickens didn't seem distressed at the time I brought them in so I may have overreacted; I'm not sure.

I brought my chickens indoors when I started to lose view of the neighbors' houses due to the smoke. I know that's not an option for everyone and it's certainly chaos for me and I got worried with how thick it was. I'm running air purifiers indoors so my indoor conditions are much better than outdoors.

The chickens didn't seem distressed at the time I brought them in so I may have overreacted; I'm not sure.
How are the chickens doing now? We just got some smoky air and poor air quality alerts in the 200s.

How are the chickens doing now? We just got some smoky air and poor air quality alerts in the 200s.
They're all good! They were in the house for about 48h for the longest stretch. I think bringing them in was correct for me then, the air got really really bad for a day. Currently debating reconstructing the chicken fort I built then and bringing them in again; my area has another bad day today but not sure how long it will last (have to balance stress of moving them and the ensuing don't-want-to-lay-my-egg-here chaos with stress of the outside air).

You can just wet the area around the run and station coop under tree for best living conditions. It'll prevent as much ash from falling in (or use a tarp/covered run), the wet ground helps prevent inhalation.

Back
Top Bottom