Air sac too small??

Emily Telfer

In the Brooder
Apr 30, 2021
Hello, this is my first time incubating eggs and I have two mallard ones that were abandoned. Development and movement of the embryo has been great, but we are around day 19 and I'm concerned about the size of the air sacs. They aren't tilted at an angle like the photos I've seen. Ive tried to keep the humidity at 55%, but my incubator had fluctuated a lot, especially at night. Is it too late to do anything to fix this?

Attachments

• 20210508_101630.jpg
    20210508_101630.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210508_101643.jpg
    20210508_101643.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 7
They've still got lots of time to draw down. Mallards take 26 days, so don't worry quite yet!
Thank you! I did see their little webbed feet kicking around. 😊 I've scaled their humidity back about 10% and will check in a couple days. Just nervous since we only have two and wouldn't want one to be lonely.

I have two mallard eggs that I rescued, and they look like that, black inside About a week ago I candles them a d they were moving, doing good and moving. Now one is dark inside. I can’t tell if moving. Are they dead? I’ve read so much about temp and humidity, I was becoming frustrated. Maybe my humidity was too high? My temp was lowers by one degree to 98.5 and humidity about 45-55%. Did I kill my ducks? I’m so sad!

Hi! I worried about that with mine, too, but they both hatched despite me not doing all of the things I should have. Your humidity was what mine was. Best of luck, I didn't always see mine moving every time I candled them.

Back
Top Bottom